- Tuesday, July 7 -- 6:00 - 7:30 pm
- Saturday, August 1 -- 1:00 - 2:30 pm
- Tuesday, September 1 -- 6:00 - 7:30 pm
- Saturday, October 24 -- 1:00 - 2:30 pm
- Tuesday, November 10 -- 6:00 - 7:30 pm
Welcome to Write Away!
The writing forum for Project Read learners.
We've redesigned our blog so that adult learners working at Project Read can share what they have written with other learners, tutors, and the public. There are a few simple guidelines to be aware of.
- This is a moderated site, so submissions and comments will first be reviewed before being approved and published.
- Adult learners submitting their writing have the option of using their first name (only) or using "anonymous" for authorship.
- We wish to honor the writing efforts of the adult learner/authors, so no major copy editing will be applied, but we may suggest minor corrections in consultation with the author.
- Only active Project Read learners are eligible to submit their writing to the Write Away blog and there are two ways of doing this: send submissions via email to email@example.com, or stop by the office with a hard copy of your writing.
- The views and opinions expressed on this web site are solely those of the original authors and contributors. These views and opinions do not represent those of the San Francisco Public Library and/or the City and County of San Francisco.
Monday, June 29, 2009
Tutor Round Table meetings are opportunities for Project Read tutors to come together to share their successful instructional strategies and get some new ideas for materials and techniques that can enhance the tutoring effort. These informal meetings take place in the Project Read Conference Room on the 2nd floor of the Main Library and tasty refreshments are always provided.
Here is a schedule of Round Table meetings for the next few months. Please call 415-557-4388 beforehand if you plan to attend.