Welcome to Write Away!
The writing forum for Project Read learners.
We've redesigned our blog so that adult learners working at Project Read can share what they have written with other learners, tutors, and the public. There are a few simple guidelines to be aware of.
- This is a moderated site, so submissions and comments will first be reviewed before being approved and published.
- Adult learners submitting their writing have the option of using their first name (only) or using "anonymous" for authorship.
- We wish to honor the writing efforts of the adult learner/authors, so no major copy editing will be applied, but we may suggest minor corrections in consultation with the author.
- Only active Project Read learners are eligible to submit their writing to the Write Away blog and there are two ways of doing this: send submissions via email to email@example.com, or stop by the office with a hard copy of your writing.
- The views and opinions expressed on this web site are solely those of the original authors and contributors. These views and opinions do not represent those of the San Francisco Public Library and/or the City and County of San Francisco.
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
The White House is asking for your ideas about jobs in our community; how well our local economy is working and how to create more jobs locally. Join Project Read tutor Annie Leuenberger to discuss your ideas about this important topic. After the meeting she will send your comments directly to Washington D.C.
Speak your mind and make a difference!
Join us on
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
6:00 - 7:30 PM
Main Library - project Read Conference Room & Computer Lab
Please call (415) 557-4388 if you plan to attend.
Coffee/tea and treats will be served.
Join your fellow volunteer tutors at an upcoming Tutor Roundtable and pick up some new perspectives and fresh techniques to enhance your tutoring skills. And of course, we always provide the pizza.
Here are the dates for upcoming Roundtables in 2010:
- Tuesday, January 5th - 6:00 PM
- Saturday, February, 6th - 1:00 PM
- Tuesday, March 2nd - 6:00 PM
- Saturday, April 3rd - 1:00 PM
- Tuesday, May 4th - 6:00 PM
- Saturday, June 5th - 1:00 PM
All Roundtables take place in the Project Read conference room at the Main Library (100 Larkin St.). Please remember to call 415-557-4388 to RSVP for any of these meetings.