Welcome to Write Away the brand new
writing forum for Project Read learners!
We've redesigned our blog so that adult learners working at Project Read can share what they have written with other learners, tutors, and the public. There are a few simple guidelines to be aware of.
- This is a moderated site, so submissions and comments will first be reviewed before being approved and published.
- Adult learners submitting their writing have the option of using their first name (only) or using "anonymous" for authorship.
- We wish to honor the writing efforts of the adult learner/authors, so no major copy editing will be applied, but we may suggest minor corrections in consultation with the author.
- Only active Project Read learners are eligible to submit their writing to the Write Away blog and there are two ways of doing this: send submissions via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or stop by the office with a hard copy of your writing.
- The views and opinions expressed on this web site are solely those of the original authors and contributors. These views and opinions do not represent those of the San Francisco Public Library and/or the City and County of San Francisco.
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Community Jobs Forum for Learners & Tutors
The White House is asking for your ideas about jobs in our community; how well our local economy is working and how to create more jobs locally. Join Project Read tutor Annie Leuenberger to discuss your ideas about this important topic. After the meeting she will send your comments directly to Washington D.C.
Speak your mind and make a difference!
Join us on
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
6:00 - 7:30 PM
Main Library - project Read Conference Room & Computer Lab
Please call (415) 557-4388 if you plan to attend.
Coffee/tea and treats will be served.