Welcome to Write Away the brand new
writing forum for Project Read learners!
We've redesigned our blog so that adult learners working at Project Read can share what they have written with other learners, tutors, and the public. There are a few simple guidelines to be aware of.
- This is a moderated site, so submissions and comments will first be reviewed before being approved and published.
- Adult learners submitting their writing have the option of using their first name (only) or using "anonymous" for authorship.
- We wish to honor the writing efforts of the adult learner/authors, so no major copy editing will be applied, but we may suggest minor corrections in consultation with the author.
- Only active Project Read learners are eligible to submit their writing to the Write Away blog and there are two ways of doing this: send submissions via email to email@example.com, or stop by the office with a hard copy of your writing.
- The views and opinions expressed on this web site are solely those of the original authors and contributors. These views and opinions do not represent those of the San Francisco Public Library and/or the City and County of San Francisco.
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Magazine Highlights Wednesday Night Readers Book Club
The April 2009 issue of The Clarion, a publication of the California Library Association, features an excellent article all about Project Read's Wednesday Night Readers Book Club (pages 9 - 11). The author of this article is John Gildersleeve who is co-facilitator of the book club and 15-year-volunteer with Project Read. Mary Hilton (current co-facilitator), and Renee Feldman (previous co-facilitator) also contributed to this article. John did an outstanding job of capturing what makes the Wednesday Night Readers special and empowering .
The entire April issue of The Clarion is dedicated to the 25th anniversary of California Library Literacy Services and features some excellent perspectives on library-based literacy efforts.
Please click the image below to view or download the on-line PDF version of this publication. Enjoy!