Welcome to Write Away the brand new
writing forum for Project Read learners!
We've redesigned our blog so that adult learners working at Project Read can share what they have written with other learners, tutors, and the public. There are a few simple guidelines to be aware of.
- This is a moderated site, so submissions and comments will first be reviewed before being approved and published.
- Adult learners submitting their writing have the option of using their first name (only) or using "anonymous" for authorship.
- We wish to honor the writing efforts of the adult learner/authors, so no major copy editing will be applied, but we may suggest minor corrections in consultation with the author.
- Only active Project Read learners are eligible to submit their writing to the Write Away blog and there are two ways of doing this: send submissions via email to email@example.com, or stop by the office with a hard copy of your writing.
- The views and opinions expressed on this web site are solely those of the original authors and contributors. These views and opinions do not represent those of the San Francisco Public Library and/or the City and County of San Francisco.
Friday, October 01, 2010
In-Service Class for Tutors -- October 21
Putting Roles & Goals to Work for You and Your Learner
Presented by Holly Fulghum-Nutters & Randy Weaver
This workshop will show you how to use the nifty on-line instructional curricula developed by California Library Literacy Services to support the specific learner goals featured on the Roles & Goals survey. These very helpful instructional plans can make your tutoring sessions even more supportive of your learner’s goals as well as give you a fresh approach to teaching basic reading and writing skills.
Thursday, October 21, 2010
Main Library—Latino-Hispanic Meeting Room—Lower Level
Please call (415) 557-4388 if you plan to attend.