Welcome to Write Away the brand new
writing forum for Project Read learners!
We've redesigned our blog so that adult learners working at Project Read can share what they have written with other learners, tutors, and the public. There are a few simple guidelines to be aware of.
- This is a moderated site, so submissions and comments will first be reviewed before being approved and published.
- Adult learners submitting their writing have the option of using their first name (only) or using "anonymous" for authorship.
- We wish to honor the writing efforts of the adult learner/authors, so no major copy editing will be applied, but we may suggest minor corrections in consultation with the author.
- Only active Project Read learners are eligible to submit their writing to the Write Away blog and there are two ways of doing this: send submissions via email to email@example.com, or stop by the office with a hard copy of your writing.
- The views and opinions expressed on this web site are solely those of the original authors and contributors. These views and opinions do not represent those of the San Francisco Public Library and/or the City and County of San Francisco.
Wednesday, August 24, 2011
New All-Electric Project Read Van On the Road!
Project Read goes GREEN! Soon you will see a brand new Project Read Outreach Van traveling around the city. This Ford Transit Connect van will be the first all-electric van in the city's fleet. We want to thank the State Library (California Library Literacy Services grant) for providing the funding, the San Francisco Department of the Environment for supporting this purchase, the Office of Contract Administration for enabling the purchase process, SFPL graphic artist Barbara McMahan-Dennis for creating a wonderful exterior design, and our own Facilities Division (Roberto Lombardi, April Wan & Rhonda Porter) for their devoted hard work that made this project possible.