Welcome to Write Away!
The writing forum for Project Read learners.
We've redesigned our blog so that adult learners working at Project Read can share what they have written with other learners, tutors, and the public. There are a few simple guidelines to be aware of.
- This is a moderated site, so submissions and comments will first be reviewed before being approved and published.
- Adult learners submitting their writing have the option of using their first name (only) or using "anonymous" for authorship.
- We wish to honor the writing efforts of the adult learner/authors, so no major copy editing will be applied, but we may suggest minor corrections in consultation with the author.
- Only active Project Read learners are eligible to submit their writing to the Write Away blog and there are two ways of doing this: send submissions via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or stop by the office with a hard copy of your writing.
- The views and opinions expressed on this web site are solely those of the original authors and contributors. These views and opinions do not represent those of the San Francisco Public Library and/or the City and County of San Francisco.
Wednesday, January 11, 2012
Welcome to Susan Fink - Project Read's New Tutor-Learner Coordinator
We are extremely happy to announce that as of January 9, Susan Fink has assumed the duties of Tutor-Learner Coordinator at Project Read. Susan has been a member of the Project Read family for over 15 years. She began as a one-to-one tutor, and then took on the additional responsibilities of a Tutor Contact/Mentor Tutor. For the past few years, she has also offered a drop-in math class every Thursday evening, providing learners (and even some tutors) with expert instruction in all things math-related.
In her new position, Susan will be responsible for assessing in-coming learners, matching tutor-learner teams, collecting follow-up Roles and Goals surveys, as well as other important program functions.
So the next time you are in the Project Read office, stop by and meet the newest member of our team.