- Read and discuss current newspaper articles.
- Learn new words found in the articles.
- Improve your understanding of what you read.
- Practice writing your thoughts and ideas using the dictionary and the computer.
Welcome to Write Away the brand new
writing forum for Project Read learners!
We've redesigned our blog so that adult learners working at Project Read can share what they have written with other learners, tutors, and the public. There are a few simple guidelines to be aware of.
- This is a moderated site, so submissions and comments will first be reviewed before being approved and published.
- Adult learners submitting their writing have the option of using their first name (only) or using "anonymous" for authorship.
- We wish to honor the writing efforts of the adult learner/authors, so no major copy editing will be applied, but we may suggest minor corrections in consultation with the author.
- Only active Project Read learners are eligible to submit their writing to the Write Away blog and there are two ways of doing this: send submissions via email to email@example.com, or stop by the office with a hard copy of your writing.
- The views and opinions expressed on this web site are solely those of the original authors and contributors. These views and opinions do not represent those of the San Francisco Public Library and/or the City and County of San Francisco.
Wednesday, June 12, 2013
Thursday Afternoons - 2:00 to 4:00 PM
July 11, 18, 25 and August 1
Project Read Conference & Computer Lab
Join us for as many of these classes as you like!
At these classes, learners will:
Presented by Vicki Weisman
of the Adult Learning and Tutorial Center, City College of San Francisco