Welcome to Write Away the brand new
writing forum for Project Read learners!
We've redesigned our blog so that adult learners working at Project Read can share what they have written with other learners, tutors, and the public. There are a few simple guidelines to be aware of.
- This is a moderated site, so submissions and comments will first be reviewed before being approved and published.
- Adult learners submitting their writing have the option of using their first name (only) or using "anonymous" for authorship.
- We wish to honor the writing efforts of the adult learner/authors, so no major copy editing will be applied, but we may suggest minor corrections in consultation with the author.
- Only active Project Read learners are eligible to submit their writing to the Write Away blog and there are two ways of doing this: send submissions via email to email@example.com, or stop by the office with a hard copy of your writing.
- The views and opinions expressed on this web site are solely those of the original authors and contributors. These views and opinions do not represent those of the San Francisco Public Library and/or the City and County of San Francisco.
Wednesday, July 02, 2014
Join Your Fellow Tutors at an Upcoming Roundtable
Project Read's monthly Tutor Roundtable meetings are an opportunity for volunteers to engage in an open and rewarding discussion with other tutors and Project Read staff. At these informal meetings, you'll be able to share your success stories and offer encouragement to your fellow tutors. You will also pick-up some fresh instructional strategies to enhance your tutoring skills. And of course, we will provide some tasty pizza and drinks to support the conversation.
Here are upcoming Tutor Roundtable dates for the last few months of 2014. These meetings will be held in the Conference Room of the Project Read office up until the new literacy and learning center opens sometime in September, then they will be held in that 5th Fl. location.
Tuesday, July 8 - 6:00 PM
Saturday, August 2 - 1:00 PM
Saturday, October 4 - 1:00 PM
Tuesday, November 18 - 7:00 PM