Welcome to Write Away the brand new
writing forum for Project Read learners!
We've redesigned our blog so that adult learners working at Project Read can share what they have written with other learners, tutors, and the public. There are a few simple guidelines to be aware of.
- This is a moderated site, so submissions and comments will first be reviewed before being approved and published.
- Adult learners submitting their writing have the option of using their first name (only) or using "anonymous" for authorship.
- We wish to honor the writing efforts of the adult learner/authors, so no major copy editing will be applied, but we may suggest minor corrections in consultation with the author.
- Only active Project Read learners are eligible to submit their writing to the Write Away blog and there are two ways of doing this: send submissions via email to email@example.com, or stop by the office with a hard copy of your writing.
- The views and opinions expressed on this web site are solely those of the original authors and contributors. These views and opinions do not represent those of the San Francisco Public Library and/or the City and County of San Francisco.
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Library Legislative Day
As you may know, there is a proposed 10% cut to the California State Budget. This includes public libraries and the many services they provide to our community - including literacy services such as Project Read.
Tomorrow, Wednesday April 16, 2008 is Library Legislative Day. Many library staff members and supporters will visit Sacramento to meet with their local representatives and inform them of the importance of libraries. Many others will contact their representatives by phone, post, and e-mail to suggest that cutting these vital services is not in the best interest of the State of California.
If you are interested in finding out more about this event, and perhaps even participating, then please click on this link to the California Library Association.
If you would like to find contact information for your local representatives, then please click on this link to the Easy Voter Guide.
All the best, Brian