Welcome to Write Away!
The writing forum for Project Read learners.
We've redesigned our blog so that adult learners working at Project Read can share what they have written with other learners, tutors, and the public. There are a few simple guidelines to be aware of.
- This is a moderated site, so submissions and comments will first be reviewed before being approved and published.
- Adult learners submitting their writing have the option of using their first name (only) or using "anonymous" for authorship.
- We wish to honor the writing efforts of the adult learner/authors, so no major copy editing will be applied, but we may suggest minor corrections in consultation with the author.
- Only active Project Read learners are eligible to submit their writing to the Write Away blog and there are two ways of doing this: send submissions via email to email@example.com, or stop by the office with a hard copy of your writing.
- The views and opinions expressed on this web site are solely those of the original authors and contributors. These views and opinions do not represent those of the San Francisco Public Library and/or the City and County of San Francisco.
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
National Volunteer Week Treat
In recognition of National Volunteer Week (April 27 - May 3, 2008), our good friends at Stacey's Booksellers are once again honoring all Project Read volunteers by offering to them a whopping 20% discount on the purchase of any books in stock. This generous offer is valid until June 30, 2008.
On April 21st we mailed letters containing a 20% discount coupon to all active Project Read volunteers. If you are an active Project Read of the San Francisco Public Library volunteer and have not received your letter/discount coupon, then please contact the Project Read office and we'll make things right.
All the best, Brian